What We Do
We deliver Instructonal Design expertise to create classroom, virtual classroom, and e-learning courses for workplace performance and compliance designed to increase knowledge retention and enhance performance through interactivity, rich media, and scenario-based learning.
Adult Learning Theory Applied
We apply adult learning strategies like andragogy to engage learners with activities and experiences. This approach fosters self-motivation, awareness of support materials, and emotional connection with instruction, which enable the development of new skills and knowledge.
Our method is simple but effective. Before we put a finger on your content, we get to the heart of your training initiative by asking three simple questions:
1. What are the primary business drivers behind your training?
2. What are the behaviors and performance areas you need to impact?
3. Who is the training for and what are their strengths and weaknesses?
Armed with this information, we extract knowledge and content from your subject matter experts and design courses that drive performance without driving learners crazy with seemingly pointless memorization. Whenever possible, we replace fact checking with engaging scenario-based learning that connects e-learning to reality. We firmly believe this is the best way to train.
Our instructional developers use scenario-based learning methods to create activities that are relevant and engaging to learners. We make sure our interactions present plausible case information and encourage the learner to explore outcomes associated with different decisions and options. Through self-directed exploration, learners develop deeper comprehension and motivation to discover additional information by engaging with others on the subject. The image below is an example of an instructional path model used to visualize the flow of a scenario-based learning experience.
Our HTML5 adaptive quiz engine...
- Organizes and selects questions based on level of Bloom's Taxonomy (or other difficulty scales) and learning objectives.
- Allots students a set number of attempts to demonstrate competency at the various difficulty levels within each objective.
- Offers feedback that includes remedial materials and statistics on performance by level and objective.
- Tracks results for formative evaluation, a key aspect of the ADDIE model.
We use assessments in a variety of ways to make our adaptive assessments as efficient and painless as possible.
- Pre-tests show learners where to improve their knowledge or allow them to test out
- Knowledge check questions within courses reinforce concepts and measure retention
- Post-tests record assessment performance data to the LMS database for reporting purposes